There must be a fence to protect our seed of devotion from the mad elephant of offense. What should we construct that fence of?
- Construct the fence of good association and service. One who is fully engaged in seva and good association will be safe. Or - finding fault with yourself. It's just human to see faults in others: self-assertion.
- Spiritual way is like a blade of razor - you have wrong angle or become inattentive - you drop blood.
- What is it in us that seeks faults in others?
How shall we harmonize this, when people are always finding faults in others? Is it correct to think that being criticized by others would put us in the right direction?
- Someone striving for perfection can handle the criticism.
- We won't go down by responding with humility.
- All the great devotees do not consider themselves beyond correction - so what to speak of us.